With the holidays rapidly approaching, we all are starting to feel the pressure. Between all of the personal commitments, cooking, shopping, and lessening amounts of sleep, we tend to be pulled in a lot of different directions. This stress can consume us and take away from enjoying our time with family and friends. But with some practical tips, we can get back to enjoying this special time!
1. Address Your Feelings: It’s okay to feel overwhelmed! Take the time to acknowledge the emotions you are going through rather than trying to ignore them.
2. Seek Help: Whether it’s reaching out to a friend, family, or professional, you don’t have to go through the stress alone. Talk to someone who you feel can understand and help.
3. Be Practical: Holidays are never perfect! Don’t put undue pressure on yourself to have the perfect dessert or the best set table.
4. Understand Your Family Dynamics: Try to accept your family for who they are. This can help alleviate some of the frustrations when they act in a way you would normally get upset by.
5. Create a Holiday Budget: Having a budget ahead of time will help you not overspend on food and gifts. Overspending will lead you to even more stress!
6. It’s Okay To Say No: Don’t stretch yourself too thin. If you say yes to something and it feels like it’s too much, it probably is.
7. Keep Your Healthy Habits: The holidays bring an abundance of delicious foods. Try to go for the healthier options at holiday parties.
8. Take The Time For Yourself: Even if it is just 15 minutes a day, take the time that you need for yourself. This could be meditating, reading a book, or doing any activity that relaxes you!
Practicing some of these techniques will help you get the most out of the holidays!