Alarming statistics on college mental health according to NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness):
- 25% of college students have a diagnosable mental illness
- 40% do not seek help
- 80% feel overwhelmed by their responsibilities
- 50% have become so anxious that they struggle in school
Some quick tips to help manage mental health in college:
- Develop a support network (friends & family)
- Schedule self-care time
- Avoid substance abuse
- Eat nutritiously
- Get enough sleep
- Be physically active
- Seek professional help - Click here to get paired with a licensed therapist specialized in college mental health.
Co-Founder Brandon Christensen was featured in Active Mind's blog to talk about the prevalence of mental health on college campuses. Click the logo to access the article.