Starting a conversation can be difficult sometimes. If you’re in a bind and need to spark up a conversation, below are 33 questions you could try. One of them is bound to work!
1. How do you spend most of your time?
2. Where did you get that __________?
3. How did you meet your best friend?
4. What was your first thought when you woke up this morning?
5. Have you been to any new great restaurants lately?
6. If you could have an alternate career, what would it be?
7. Have you read any good books lately?
8. Are you a starter or a finisher?
9. Would you call yourself a dreamer, a doer, or both?
10. Have you found out your purpose in life yet, or are you still searching?
11. How well do you respond in a crisis?
12. Do you ever look for answers to questions in dreams?
13. Do you have any big life goals this year?
14. Have you ever dreamed of starting a business?
15. If you randomly won $2,000,000 in the lottery, what would you do with the money?
16. If you could go back to one period in history, what time period would you choose to go to and why?
17. If you could sit down with your 15-year old self, what would you tell him or her?
18. If you were heading out on a road trip right this minute, what would you pack?
19. What’s been your proudest moment in the past 12 months?
20. What was your first job?
21. What’s the strangest date you’ve ever been on?
22. What’s the worst piece of advice you’ve ever given?
23. What’s your guiltiest pleasure?
24. What’s your most urgent priority this year?
25. What’s your favorite hobby?
26. What is your spirit animal?
27. Have you ever came up with a game-changing invention idea?
28. Would you consider yourself an introvert, extrovert, or a little bit of both?
29. When and where do you get your best ideas?
30. Would you ever want to write a book? If so, what would the title be?
31. Would you rather have an extra $200 per day, or an extra 2 hours per day?
32. Would you consider yourself an introvert, extrovert, or ambivert?
33. What are you most grateful for at this point in your life?
Do social situations give you anxiety? Get coached on the art of conversation.